Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What a Glorious Feelin'

"Oh what a spontaneous day Wednesday was!!" - OK I'm just imagining myself saying those words with a thick British accent, it sounds silly rather than convincing. Besides spontaneous, today has won the price for The Most Blank Day of the week so far. And here's why:

When I was little, my doctor said that I have this little tendency to have autism, now I believe him, perhaps it wasn't just a little, perhaps it's bigger. Or perhaps it grows just as I do. OK too many 'perhaps' is never good. The thing is I really didn't care about anything around me today. I was just focusing on me, yes me. Even my cell phone is still silent up to this very minute. Call me crazy or anything (and see if I care), but I feel like I'm living in another world; my imaginary world. OK that sounds scary, but I'm not crazy - I think, and somehow I was really enjoying how Wednesday turned out.

It was another day to spend at Plaza Senayan. I had this meeting for work with the most dull people you'll ever meet in the world. I didn't get their jokes, they're all above 30, they were talking about those stupid infotainments nonsense every 5 minutes and they were wearing unmatched accessories. They wanted to revise some work and wanted me to write some script about some stupid..stupid show. I was being very quiet all the time, so not me - I know!! I didn't hear what they were saying, I wasn't even paying attention. My eyes were staring at those paperworks but my mind was somewhere else. That 30 minutes meeting felt like 30 days, I was all bored.

Then it was already late and I didn't wanna go home yet, so I decided to go and see a movie. I bumped in to a lot of friends there, but since I was being autism and all, I didn't really care. All I wanted to do was just go straight to the theater and see a movie. I was checking up movie schedules from my cell phone, I was going to see "What Happens In Vegas", the movie was about to start in less than 10 minutes at Senayan City. So I rushed myself there (it was just across the street) and running through those endless escalators - it was some hard work especially on an empty stomach. Once I got there the movie was already showing since 1,5 hours ago, I was all confused, it turned out I checked the wrong schedule on my cell phone. I mean, hello..Plaza Senayan? Senayan City? doesn't it sound the same once in a while? Well, maybe not, like I said, I have autism today.

So I ran back to Plaza Senayan, walking down those evil stairs and crossing that noisy street in my heels!! Oh so Sex&The City huh? - I never even watched that series. Then I finally made it to the theater while sighing, sniffing and coughing a little. I was late. In my world, there are nothing worse than showing up late to a movie. So I think watching "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" would be the best idea, since the movie was just about to start when I came.

I was lost. I couldn't remember anything about the first sequel of the movie two years ago. But two of the male cast was kinda cute, so I had nothing to lose. Besides, it was all about Prince and Princess, Kings and Queens and whatnot, I've always dreamt about being a Princess so I ended up enjoying the movie. I think I'm gonna rate it 3 starts out of 5.

The movie ended close to midnight. It was raining hard outside, just perfect. In times like that I wish I didn't put my heels on before going out. All the main doors were closed so I had to took the back door and wait for a cab from the back lobby. There was no cab at all, so there was no choice for me besides going outside to the street to look for it. I didn't re-think it, the next thing I knew I was running in my heels again in to the front side of the building. It was a long run. Outside, there were many people looking for cab as well. I was all wet and instead of being grumpy about it, I kept smiling and patiently waiting for that lucky cab. Then Gene Kelly's voice started to come into my mind as he sang: "Doo doo doo doo..doo doo doo doo doo doo..", then I started ticking as his voice got bigger: "I'm singin' in the rain..just singin' in the rain..what a glorious feeling..I'm happy again..", so I just sang along with him. I could've sang Rihanna's "Umbrella" though, that would've been more sexy, but since I love old school movies, Gene Kelly's classic was the perfect choice.

I kept running here and there as if I knew where I was going - while still singing, of course. Then I kept imagining that I was this girl in the rain hand in hand with a boy, all dancing and singing just like in classic musicals. Oh I'm so hopelessly romantic, ain't I? It went on about 8 to 10 minutes before I finally found my cab. What a long effort to go home. But at least I enjoyed Wednesday night and oh, I won't forget that kiss I had with that boy in the rain. Uhm? What kiss? What boy? Oh yeah forgot, autism!! :p

xoxo, Miss Ciccone

No comments:

Post a Comment